Who here hasn’t let the fear of what other people think hold them back? There is no greater force than the prospect of rejection that keeps us from living the life we want. In the past, it ensured our survival. In this day and age, it’s a mindset that prevents us from reaching our full potential.
If there’s one YouTube channel that taught me how to attract people and opportunities into my life, it’s Charisma on Command. In the video below, you’ll learn 7 ways to help you conquer the fear of rejection:
- You are not your first impression. It’s important to make the distinction that people don’t reject you, they reject how you present yourself, which is a skill that can be improved.
- Rejection is inevitable. Shame is optional. Remember that everyone gets rejected. The most successful people in the world are also the ones who got rejected the most, but they learned that failure equals growth opportunities.
- Life is a numbers game. Try. Improve. Try again. It took Thomas Edison 1,000 attempts before he invented the light bulb.
- Amp up your carrot/stick motivation. Make the incentive to take action greater than the pain you imagine if you fail. One way would be to increase the cost of not trying.
- Rejections are good for you. Repeatedly risking rejections is the fastest way to build unshakable confidence. You do what scares you so many times that it eventually stops fazing you.
- See rejection as a sign that you aren’t a good match. As opposed to thinking you aren’t good enough.
- Focus on becoming the type of person who has options. There’s plenty of fish in the sea, and you have control over how attractive your hook is. You can learn to be magnetic.